Here is a summary that Ed Stetzer uses of the questions we have to ask stepping into a new cultural context:
Ed Stetzer quotes Steffen on the list of question that we need to ask when entering a culture:
- What is the worldview of the target audience?
- What is the culture’s decision-making pattern?
- What does it cost a person in this culture to become a Christian?
- What redemptive analogy is best for this culture?
- How does the culture view Christianity?
- What does the culture understand about the basic components of the gospel story?
- Is this culture based on shame or guilt?
- How will culture understand Christian rituals?
- What is the best delivery system for exposing the people of this culture to the gospel?