But God, rich in mercy, would simply not let us mature with lopsided development - one muscle group over all the others, has called us to attention. The Acts 1 and Matt 28 mandate remains: "Jerusalem, Judea, Samaria and the uttermost..."
Defining our city in the modern world is a fun theological and sociological exercise. It does depend on many factors both factual as well as perceived, mindsets as well as boundary lines. So in the spirit of Luke 15 here are some questions:
- How do we define our city limits?
- What is the demographic of this city?
- What are the things that define the city sociologically?
- What are the questions the city is wrestling with?
- Who in the city has a similar heart that we can / need to be partnering with?
- What are the key action points-the limp of the city?
- How can I preach into the soul of the city?
- What is my prayer passion for my city?
- Where can my church lay down our life for the city?
- Who are the key voices in the city that we need to connect with?
I would love to hear from you...